Southwest Mississippi Community College participates in the Mississippi Virtual Community College, a consortium of our fifteen Mississippi community colleges. Through this consortium, we are able to offer our students additional course options.
To schedule an online class, you must first complete the admissions process. Once the admissions process is complete, you may contact your advisor for assistance in selecting classes.
Most SMCC courses are ebook-only courses and require a Cengage Unlimited subscription, which is included in your tuition if you are an SMCC student. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain textbooks for online classes that are taught by another community college. The information describing the textbook can be found on your Student Profile.
Make sure that you login to your course the first week of classes, even if you do not have your textbook yet. Instructors will drop students for non-attendance. You will be required to take at least one proctored test for each online class.
SMCC Proctor Exam Information:
- The lab is in Kenna Hall, room 211, on the top floor.
- Please complete the Proctoring link on the left navigation within each of your online classes in Canvas at least 24 hours in advance to schedule your exam.
- You will need to bring a photo ID.
- Any forms or emails submitted to the Test Proctors after the testing hours for the day have ended will not be answered until the next day.
- ALLOW YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME -- WE MUST CLOSE AT THESE TIMES WHETHER STUDENTS ARE FINISHED TESTING OR NOT.
PROCTORED TESTING HOURS:
- Monday: 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Thursday: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM